Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Vindicated

So today my favorite song is Vindicated by Dashboard Confessional!
It just really seems to fit lately. Few random thoughts though.... There is this verse that goes:
"So clear
Like the diamond in your ring
Cut to mirror your intentions
Oversized and overwhelmed
The shine of which has caught my eye
And rendered me so isolated, so motivated."
I love my wedding ring it belonged to my great grandmother who I was named after. Of course its not a traditional wedding band, just a regular ring. Proving that I'm a non-comformist (sarcasim). What I really mean is that its unique like me! So, the diamonds are single cuts which the jeweler says they don't do anymore. I don't know, but the point is they're small so does that mean I didn't have many intentions, or a lack of motivation entering this marriage?
And if thats the case, Josh's ring doesn't have any stones in it! Does that mean he no intentions to make this work?!? LMAO. Ok really I just love this verse because I think that all to often its true. What I'm saying is that a lot of girls get married with intentions as to what will change and how they will "mold" thier hubby into thier dream guy.
I've been around, not a lot, but definately enough to know that there is no "dream" guy or girl. Everyone has faults. As someone with many many faults I'm just glad that there are people out there still taking the very bad with the not so good, in trade for a relaxed and fun personality.
I really ought to post all the lyrics I just love this song lately. It's well put together, clearly sung and all around a wonderful listening expierience!
While I'm out pimpin my music tastes: Everyone check out Royal Bliss! You will never be dissapointed. They are awesome on CD and even better in concert! I have never seen a better concert in my life. Royal Bliss always has consistant performances too! Every concert is as good or better than the last. Finally Utah has a local band worth raving about! Ok, ok I'm done, but really check them out. My favorite songs are: "We did nothing wrong." "Save Me" "Pocket of dreams" and "Brave". Well ok I cut the list short I love them all.
Damn it I love music! I could go forever about stuff I love, songs I don't mind all that but I'll spare ya just check out Royal Bliss. Remember though music is not just a string of words that sound pretty. Its about telling a story and connecting to people, so its ok to love music and get all silly emotional when you listen to it. Thats what its there for!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment