Thursday, April 8, 2010

Meandering through life

I've been a little burned out lately and got to thinking about life. Sometimes I dare to hope for things that may not be within my grasp. Things that would be the icing on the cake, so to speak. Occasionally the daily struggle of life drags me into an ocean of gloom.
In my sea of unhappiness there is an island with white sandy beaches the perfect amount of shade and warm waters. There I am happy anyway, even though I may be marooned for all eternity in the same place. My days are filled with laughter and love, and of course the occasional argument just to round things off nicely.
On days I'm down and feeling stuck in life I still have to be thankful. My husband is my island and my son the constant joy. No matter what comes along in life, or doesn't, I will always be happy. The sun will always shine in my heart and there will always be a reason to hope for more.
So today I decided that my hope for things I may never have is ok because I've already gotten everything I want. There must be a limit to how happy one person can be. I hope that I never find my limit and pray that you never find yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment