Wednesday, February 10, 2010

To great friends

Tonight I was thinking about some very basic things about me. To be specific the type of guys I tend to fall for... I once had a best friend many years ago who, like most best friends, knew me better than I did. For my birthday she gave me a great tape and a pin that says "I love Cowboys" both of which I still have. All these years I've kept them to remind me where I started out. A little quiet, pretty dorky and well, bookish. While I was thinking I realized that this very simple truth "I love Cowboys" held in it much more than just that. Of course every girl likes a nice Wrangler butt every now and then. Mine I'm sure is much more than that. This small pin was a complete pre-cursor to my entire life (up til now). What amazing foresight, honey I love you!!! You rock!

While this seems like such a small realization to others, to me it was huge! My friend from so many years ago, guessed at what has become a life long trend for me. Amazing. Naturally, this "aha" moment is brought to you by music. Namely "I'm goin' out with my boots on." by Randy Houser. Ya I'm bad I know, but I'm just sooooo good at it! So ya, most the men I tend to date are exactly as he's describing himself in that song: Dirty old hats, crooked lil grins, calloused hands, boots, Copenhagen rings. Yeah I dated a few bad habits, but yet again they were sooooo fun. Which now bring me to my husband :)

Girl you were right, I definitely love myself a cowboy! Although I would have to say he's a great balance of country and city, which has been a problem in the past. I'd have to say he cleans up better than good. Though he has that 'lil something, maybe an attitude that you get from hard work and horse sweat. At any rate, we're a good fit and I'm glad that I have a thing for that crooked lil grin. I just can't help it. Either way even if I don't talk much about my past it means a lot to me. You girls taught me a lot about me, being a girl, and standing up for myself. I'm so grateful for the time I had with you and wish it'd been more.

God grants us limited time together. What we do with that time defines us as people. You girl, are great. Love you tons, forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment