Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween

Of course in my off little way Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays. Granted I wasn't allowed trick or treating as a kid and costumes were always a fight, as an adult and one with a kiddo, I still love the idea of Halloween. Dressing up to scare away the evil creatures that rise from hell just gets me all giggly inside.

And yes, just so you know I did tell my 4 year old son that we dress up in costumes to scare away monsters and ghosts. Surprisingly enough, it made him even more excited to be Optimus Prime. What a brave little one! I really do love his spirit. This type of enthusiasm and wonder should be celebrated any day.. even Sunday. Occasionally I feel I might be calling on the wrath of an angry lynch mob for saying "Holidays are days to be celebrated on the day they fall on." The 4th of July is the celebration of our countries release from neglect and tyranny. One of the most defining days in our history as Americans gets pushed aside for Sunday. Don't get me wrong, I do believe in God and that he should be celebrated loved and worshipped. I also believe that God also celebrates the days we hold dear. If you love someone what they love also becomes important to you as well.

Here again feel the risk of backlash from my fellow Utahns... to this I say "kiss my behind". I know only one god this god rejoices in the freedom of man, so I'm pretty sure the 4th is covered and Martin Luther King Day. Halloween though.. has its very pagan "faults". Either way Halloween has been recognized and sanctioned by many churches therefore making it acceptable to celebrate on the sabbath. My plan is as follows..... trick or treat Saturday and Sunday and Monday and....

Well you get the point, Halloween should be everyday because I love it! I hope sincerely that those of us who choose to trick or treat on Sunday will not be treated poorly or looked down upon. Though a word to the wise... chances are the candy will be gone by Sunday. The early Optimus get the gummy worms! Happy Candy Day.... oh wait... Happy Halloween and happy trick or treating guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment